What Resorts Say
Have you tried talking to the resort about this? If so, here are some of the statements resorts make to this process.
- They have to approve of the buyer (They can only approve USE of it by the new owner)
- The contract and new deed have to be on their forms (The form is as required by the state, not the resort)
- They have to charge you money to transfer the timeshare (They can only charge to transfer USE of the timeshare)
- Their paperwork takes months to complete (The process doesn’t require their input at all)
- Without their approval they can continue to bill you for future bills (This is patently illegal and they can be sued if they try)